Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
linbooks_gw

Basement waterproofing quote-NJ

linbooks
15 years ago

Hi, just found this site. Lots of generous information, thanks! Hope someone can give me some help. I just signed a contract to put in a basement perimeter system and do mold containment (Anabec X-70) with a company in mid-New jersey called Healthy Home Basement Waterproofing and have three days to decide if I am going to cancel. I am very nervous about the cost: $12,000 for the waterproofing and mold remediation. I already have an open french drain around the perimeter that was done 20 years ago and have very little water coming in unless its heavy rain--and then the water drains from the block to the drain to a sump pump. But its still damp and moldy. They suggested opening the entire perimeter 12-16" from the wall, lay in the perforated drain pipe (4" ADS) to a new sump pump with battery backup, a drain board across the footings, vapor barrier in the trench--98 linear feet, put in gravel and close up to the wall with cement. Also includes the humidex system. The warranty is for the rest of our time in the house + transferrable to the next owner. The salesman said that the lime on the walls will dry and brush off but that the stains will still be there but that the block will be totally dry. Is this really possible and is this ridiculously expensive and I am being taken advantage of? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks. Linda

Comments (4)