Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pianolady_gw

Our basement project (graphic heavy)

pianolady
16 years ago

I have a piano studio in the basement of my home, and we decided to expand it by removing a wall, exposing the beam & posts. This leaned us towards a modern design. We're quite a ways into the project now, and will hopefully finish up in the next few weeks.

Before Dividing Wall & paneling:

Before wall at steps:

Here's an earlier pic, but gives an idea of the size of the room with the wall removed:

{{gwi:1384520}}

Where we're at now:

We used oak veneer plywood & used 3 colors of stain. We'll trim out the squares with black stained trim after we get our floor installed. The recessed lights and track lights are new.

We opened up the stairway and drywalled everything smooth. I'm painting the stairway and the walls a light brown/beige & will stain the 2x4s. The current carpet will disappear, and be replaced with either new carpet or new treads. We weren't sure about this at first, but it really opened up the space, and lets light down from upstairs too.

We have the following left to do:

1. Paint all the drywall

2. Install the wood laminate floor (we have a dry walkout basement)

3. Add all the black stained trim

We hired out all the electrical work roughed in for all the recessed lighting & electrical outlets around the room. We had a grand total of three outlets in the entire space previously, with some walls with none. Everything else is DIY.

Comments (10)

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz