Return to the Basements Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Concrete floors in basement?

Posted by atomics (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 31, 13 at 20:12

Hi! Everyone was so helpful when I was renovating our kitchen, I thought I'd come back for more help! We purchased a home built in 1940 that has a partially finished basement. The floors are concrete, painted green. The floor is not level - there is a dip where the drain is located. There was previous water damage due to sewer line back up from the basement bathroom. (We're working on that one!) Obviously, we're concerned about the potential for future water issues so we want a flooring that will withstand such possible catastrophes. I love the look of polished, stained concrete. I don't know much about it though so I'm trying to gather info. What are your experiences with it? How much does it cost per sq foot? Ideally, I'd like a light color due to the darkness of the basement. (There are 4 egress windows but it remains fairly dark.)

Any help is appreciated! Thank you so much :) Sue

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Concrete floors in basement?

It can, when done properly, look great.

Pricing is largely market dependent but be sure to get someone that can show you some good work samples.

That have all sorts of systems from epoxies, to acid stain, to polished, that will really set the floor off as an eye catcher.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Basements Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here