Return to the Basements Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Owens Corning Basement Systems-any feedback would be appreciated!

Posted by lisavs (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 9, 07 at 19:58

Hi everyone. I signed a contract just yesterday to have the Owens Corning basement system installed and I am nervous and having 2nd thoughts. Is it a good system; is it worth it; should I get it? Positives, negatives? I am worried that the panels may look dated after 10+ years. If you can share any experience you have it would be appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Owens Corning Basement Systems-any feedback would be apprecia

There is a long thread on this topic. See below.

Mostly negative responses about the product, price and sales tactics.

Sounds like you have time to cancel the contract. I would advise you do so immediately.

Here is a link that might be useful: Any comments on Owens Corning Basement Systems?

o
RE: Owens Corning Basement Systems-any feedback would be apprecia

I was a subcontractor for Basement Experts / Owens Corning for years. Worked my but off for them.
Just a warning for those subs out there considering working for them, in the beginning they pull money from your checks as an insurance policy to make sure you guarantee your work for a year. I can understand that. But once the year passes with no call backs they are to return the money.
Its been 2 years and I still haven't seen my $700.00. Beware subs, they'll screw you the same way they do everyone else.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Basements Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here