Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
grullablue

Odd question regarding covering studwalls

grullablue
11 years ago

Our basement is partially finished...we have worked on it as we could afford to. We currently have a finished office, bathroom, and bedroom (complete with window and closet). The rest of the basement is not done....and that consists of a large area with a patio door, large window, and it has pretty much become my son's "man-cave," when he has friends over, they often sleep down there.

It's unfinished, yet we have TV/DVD, and lots of furniture, pool table, air hockey table, dart board...etc etc. Last year I had a Halloween party for my son and his friends. The basement was "haunted." We replaced all the lights with blacklights, and had all sorts of spooky decorations. One thing I did was buy this thin fabric with skulls on it...I pinned it to one wall to cover up the stud wall/insulation behind. That is the only decoration that hasn't been taken down. It got me thinking....are there other, cheaper ways to cover up those walls down there than drywall or paneling? It doesn't have to be anything fancy.... but drywall will be a lot of work (we have done ALL the work ourselves, so I know all about drywall now!), panelling could get expensive...and really, it's just a party area I guess you could call it. Just some way to cover up the stud wall and insulation. Wondering if anyone's done this.... putting this thin skull material on the wall really made quite a difference to the look of the room! With NO drywalling!

Comments (3)