Return to the Basements Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
playroom floor in old basement

Posted by stolives (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 27, 07 at 15:21

Does anyone have any good suggestions for an unlevel concrete basement floor. We just finished a huge addition on the house and are tapped out! I need to find some way to make the old basement more habitable for the kids to play in (so the new part of the house doesn't get trashed). We do not get water in our basement so that is a plus. I had naively put down peel and stick tiles a few years ago without any vapor barrier; it looked great (with the exception of where the floor wasn't level) for about a month before they all started popping up. I need some inexpensive and more thought out way to brighten up this basement starting with the floor. please help....

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: playroom floor in old basement

Commercial carpet remnant should be pretty cheap.

o

There is a product for floors that ea piece is 2' x 2' soft/ foam like material, one side is grey-the other a primary color. It attaches together like a kid's puzzle. It comes in a pkg - can't remember the price. It is sold at Sam's Club - nothing special about it, so I'm sure you could find it elsewhere. It was recommended to me for the floor of our sailboat to keep the dog from slipping. I believe the picture on the pkg was showing it used in playrooms. It is incredibly easy to cut. Easy to clean. If your kids are young, you could make a fun design w/ the colors. The cushioning would hide the uneven floor. Just an idea if your basement is meant for the kids.

o

There are some decent no-glue, cushioned sheet vinyl materials you could unroll for the kids' floor. Some friends used one from Menards on their uneven floor and are very happy with it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Basements Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here