Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mary770_gw

basement finish cost

mary770
13 years ago

I agree with the last post. DonÂt hire the cheapest contractor. I love Holmes on Homes. If you watch you will learn a lot. If you don't know what youÂre looking for as you hire subs or attempt to do it yourself, you could end up in a lot of trouble. It is not worth it. Hire a Professional. Someone that specializes in certain areas is the best. Ask the right questions and listen to what they have to say. Don't be "cheap" trying to get the professional to come down on their prices is wrong, not to mention, asking them to do anything extra once you have talked them down so far there is no room to breathe. Respect their knowledge they have sweat blood and tears to deserve it. Never expect a professional to break down bids for you, before they are awarded the contract. Be ok with an estimate ask if it is close to the actual costs. If they are an honorable person it should be close to the finished price, "with no changes or hidden surprises". They are not stupid and they know where youÂre going with that, plus have you ever thought of the time that is involved into bidding on a job that you may or may not get. If your boss asked you to come to work today but he was not going to pay you. I think you would tell them to take a hike. Think about all the time that is spent researching, designing, ordering, scheduling, and pulling permits... There is a lot involved to complete a job behind the scenes not to mention all the licensing, insurance, workers comp... plus being self employed is scary especially in this day when everyone is getting 3 to 5 bids for a job. It is exhausting, and if you don't have work there is no paycheck coming in. It can be a rewarding job but after reading several of the posts above some of you have no clue what it's like. I know there are two sides but sometimes you have to put yourself in someone elseÂs shoes to appreciate what they do.