Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lokipup

cinder block basement walls-recommendations?

lokipup
12 years ago

Frequent lurker, 1st time posting. My husband just told me that he will be off work 10 days straight. It's house project time! We have an unfinished basement with concrete floor and cinder block walls (no paint) and 8 ft ceiling. After searching this forum (previously I stuck to the kitchen site) for days, we have decided to paint the ceiling white and use opaque stain on the floor. What about the walls? I have had a bad experience with dryloc, so looking for something else. Basement has 1 corner where water leaks in heavy rain, but very little & dirt around foundation should remedy that. Not looking for "finished" basement, just a place for my kids to play while I do laundry. I am considering painting with Ames Blue Max. Has anyone used it? Does it look funny? I keep picturing the walls covered in shrink wrap. Also considering stucco or parge. Not really concerned about the moisture, just want something other than a gray dungeon. I've read that cement color can be added to parge mixture so there is no need to paint after, but can't find any info on brands or where to buy. Has anyone done that? I'm open to suggestions if anyone has any other ideas. Have 5 days to plan & DH says he'll do whatever I want, if I'll make up my mind and have the supplies ready.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County