Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
eagle100

water in basement, again

eagle100
16 years ago

I have a long detailed problem and am seeking your help. My mom's house in central Kansas has water in the basement, again. This is the third time in May. However, where she lives they have received an incredable 28 inches (you read that correctly 28 inches) of rain. The ground is now so saturated it is leaking up from the ground. It doesn't make anyone feel better but almost everyone there is having this same problem. I know when the house was built they had to blast through lots of sandstone.

So having filling you in on the details what, if anything, should be do. The paneling is ruined and will be taken down. Is there anything to stop the darned rain from leaking in?

We've put extenders on the downspouts, cleaned out the gutters and cleaned out the windowwells in an attempt to help any other rains from coming in. With that much rain we can not have dirt brought in for the foundation because its too wet! I will admit that does need to be done but it is not severe.

So any idea's? It has gotten very very expensive to have people come in and use pumps, heaters, blowers, etc. Then clean the carpet only to have them have to do it again 4 days later. The ground is just unable to adsorb any more water. Any idea's or thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio