Return to the Basements Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Delta FL Remodel OSB Question

Posted by chem_fun (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 20, 09 at 19:22

Ok. After reading here and other locations on the web, I decided to get Delta FL instead of Dricore. Seems to be good stuff. I got 7/16th OSB to put on top of the Delta FL and we're putting basic pad and laminate on top of that.

Here's the question.

I'm in Michigan. It's suddenly gotten a bit more humid and about 86 degrees.

I laid out 3 strips of Delta FL and put the OSB on top of it last night to test it out and see how it's going to work. I'm not in construction by any means. The OSB is starting to warp over night. YIKES!

Is the laminate going to prevent the OSB from warping? Do I need the tapcon screws? The instructions mention just putting laminate over the Delta FL, do I really need the OSB?

If I don't need the OSB, when do I put the drywall on the walls? Do I put down the Delta FL and then drywall, and then laminate? Or should I Delta FL, Laminate and then drywall?

The rooms are going to be a game room and kids bedroom. Thanks for the help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Delta FL Remodel OSB Question

I always do walls first. As you noted, Delta FL says no OSB/ply is needed for the laminate.

I would definitely get a dehumidifier going. It's the single best way to avoid that "basement smell" and the damage that goes along with it.

o

I've got the walls built, but should I put the Drywall on first? Or should I set the drywall on top of the delta fl?

o

I'm always looking to minimize cleanup and more importantly, damage to finished surfaces. So I would probably put the drywall on first, then FL, then the laminate.

o

If you put the drywall up first make sure you have a gap between it and the concrete so it can't wick moisture into.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Basements Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here