Return to the Basements Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Basement entry help

Posted by ndemic (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 12, 09 at 17:53

Hi,

I really need some ideas for this basement front entrance, its become an albatross as far as what to do.
Recently remodeled the basement, this being the last thing to do.

The door is not a problem, its just the finish around the door, dont really want to use vinyl or wood siding, brick veneer?
Well its expensive and special order really dont want to wait.
Im open to anything as long as it looks nice and reasonably priced, any ideas would greatly appreciated.

Thanks again

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm183/wit2815/BasementEntrance4.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Basement entry help

It certainly has a kind of gritty urban charm. Maybe a hideaway for the Punisher.

The door is not a problem, its just the finish around the door

In keeping with the general ambiance, an unadorned solid steel industrial entry would seem most appropriate. One of the most impressive lofts I've seen was hidden behind the most brutal exterior.

o

It is gritty to say the least,I will be replacing the door,think i did not explain that.
I meant should I brick up around the door,stucco?

A steel door might be to commercial.

thanks again

o

Your entry reminds me of the harder areas of Queens. (Even in the nicer section, steel bars and grilles are common.)

If it were mine, I'd keep it rough and ready and uninviting. Commercial with a steel frame with only a small lite or none. Once the door is in, rough brick or filled block with rebar or solid concrete blocks; stucco finish on top if you wish.

(Excuse me if I've misjudged your community or neighbourhood! Our tony few square miles still experiences its share of grow ops, occasional murders and daylight burglaries.)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Basements Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here