Return to the Basements Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wet basement

Posted by oekundar (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 29, 06 at 15:55

Well we have a problem....and here are the pictures to prove it.

What can be done to fix this problem...I guess what are my possible options?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wet basement

How are your gutters and down spouts?

o

That would be my first guess. Are these leaks near the downspouts?

My next guess is does your grading go away from the house or towards it?

o

The gutters are clean and the down spouts are not anywhere near the wall with the most moisture. The only thing that has changed since we moved in last August was the removal of the mulch the previous owner had down. I absolutely had to get rid of it, as it was the red/cedar type and irked me. Could this have caused my problem? If so...how can I now remedy the situation?

Thanks!

Ola

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Basements Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here