Return to the Basements Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
poured concrete walls from block blueprints

Posted by kalijack (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 25, 08 at 8:03

Hello to all
I am looking at Don Gardner house plans and I am told that their walkout basement plans come only with concrete block specs. My question, "Can a concrete contractor use the block blueprints to pour the walls instead of using block?" We are in the intial planning steps of building a house and some of this is new to me so what better place to start than with the foundation?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: poured concrete walls from block blueprints

Call a contractor and ask. If they're put off by the question, move on to another one, and don't use them for the actual work. Any contractor who won't answer my simple naive questions is a contractor that I don't want to work with.

o

Absolutely!

But before you build, it would be best to have all the plans reviewed and stamped by a Professional Engineer.

o

Thanks for the replies.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Basements Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here