Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
buckmarko

Patchy wet wall, crack, non-draining drains?

buckmarko
12 years ago

I have a cinderblock basement that gets wet in random different spots during heavy rains. I also have a horizontal crack along part of one wall, not the entire length of the wall. We had our gutters replaced in early spring. I had an excavator scheduled to come and do some minor grading next week. When he came with his laser to check the grade, He actually didn't recommend doing any bobcat grading at all. He recommended adding a little dirt to build up the foundation. He looked at my basement wall on the inside, and he said that the moisture coming in isn't from heavy rains per se, but more of an issue with water in the ground around the house. I've heard we have a high water table. There are 3 drains going into my sump pump. We had a heavy thunderstorm tonight, so when I checked the drains, only one of the drains had water coming out of it. Would it be possible the drains around the exterior of my house are clogged? Who would I call to have them checked/cleaned out? My house was built in 1976 and I'm in central Ohio. What do I do to keep the walls dry and keep the crack from getting larger?

I know this was lengthy, but felt I needed all the details. Thanks for any help.

Comments (2)