Return to the Basements Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Crooked window well

Posted by amazonbird (My Page) on
Thu, May 10, 07 at 23:44

Has anyone run across a fix for or a product to repair a crooked window well? I would prefer not to dig it up to fix it. Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Crooked window well

It is probably bolted or cemented to the foundation.

o

Why is this a concern? Is it the ascetics?
There is no "product" to fix it. Dig it up or live with it. If the house was built after the Johnson administration, it's unlikely there is any form of mechanical attachment.
Ron

o

As Dick Nixon said: "I am not a crook(ed window well)."

o

Well, thanks for the responses. I assumed the window well was somehow attached to the concrete basement wall on the outside. If it's not, then digging and levelling would do the trick. Guess I thought there might be a window well extension, but when the first 5 pages of a Google search indicate otherwise, I must learn to trust. The low side of the window well is at ground level, which of course is not good. And yes, it looks like Dick (Nixon).

o

Is the window well out of level or is the ground not level?

o

I have three crooked window wells. It's hard work but can and should be fixed.I dug the side that was lower and put it in place with a come along.instead of trying to re bolt, I just welded it then sealed it .

o

"It's hard work but can and should be fixed."

Why?

It is most likely strictly an appearance issue.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Basements Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here