Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
janice1953

Crawl space

janice1953
18 years ago

I have a very wet crawl space and need advice. This is a new house and water from irrigation system did not drain propertly and it backed up into the crawl space. The warranty people drain the water from under the house and seemed to think that it is a result of a crushed french drain that happened when the patio was poured. As a result of not drying up we have a bad odor inside the house. Under the plastic it has remained very wet, but not standing in water thank goodness. Anyway, we have been trying to get the warranty people back out to see if anything else could be done. They finally had the house inspected by a moisture control firm. We are yet to know what their report found. We also had the house inspected by someone of our choice and they found no mold, only an extreme amount of moisture and said that the odor in CS is the same as inside the house. Just this past week they have hauled in dirt and put it in the CS. I don't understand how this will help since we had good elevation in the CS to begin with. I feel if it is not drying out the moisture that was already there will continue to be extremly wet and will seep back to the top. No attempt has been made to find the source of the drainage problem. What should we do? I really want to trust these people but with them putting us off all winter I am afraid they are just putting us off until our 1 yr. warranty expires.Any input would be much appreicated.

Comments (2)