Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sschulze_gw

Couple Questions about basement plumbing and foundation

sschulze
18 years ago

Hello,

My first post on this forum - great resource.

We are very interested in this 8 year old home. We are going to make an offer, however, 2 things I must find out.

1) The basement foundations walls have 3 vertical cracks the length of the wall. The cracks have been repaired using epoxy (sp.?) injections which are to have a lifetime guarantee. How concerned should we be about the house's foundation? Are vertical cracks such as these in the foundation walls common and are they a concern? Will the epoxy correct the issue?

I have done some research and it seems the vertical cracks are pretty common - we just want to know if this is something that should be a concern in a house 8 years old. (the house is on level ground in the midwest - if this is of use).

2) We will also want to finish the basement and include a bathroom and wetbar - however, the basement has a 9 foot pour but does not have rough ins for the plumbing.

What will we have to do to install the plumbing that we will need for the full bath room and wetbar in the basement?

This is our first real home purchase (lived in condo forever) - so I just would like some insightful answers to these questions - so we know what we are dealing with.

Your responses are very appreciated!

Thanks,

Shawn

Comments (5)