Return to the Basements Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pillbugs

Posted by m1shmosh (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 24, 08 at 10:32

Even before I finished my basement, spiders and pillbugs have always been in my basement. However, now that it is finished, the pillbugs are quite the nuisance. Seems like every week I am vacuuming up 10-20 off the floor (mostly dead) or wall. Is there any way to repel them from entering the house?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pillbugs

you know these things come in cycles. Our first year in our new home the pillbugs invaded. At night you could see them crawling up the sides of the brick house. We vaccumed them up and that was it. Next year, no pill bugs. Too soon to tell this year. You might try a general pest control spray around the perimiter. Be glad it isn't ants or roaches! Pillbugs are messy but kind of a stupid bug and to me a nusiance but not terrible.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Basements Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here