Return to the Basements Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
need solution for hatchway PLEASE!!!!!

Posted by arichard21 (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 17, 07 at 10:10

okay, this is a pretty wierd situation, but i will try to describe in as much detail as possible.

our house was build in 1893, well half of it was anyways. the other half was a house that was moved and attached. both halfs have full basements consisting of the bottom half cinder blocks and the upper half flatrock.

where our hatch entrance is was added after i am assumimg because the cinder blocks look cut, hard to describe.

anyways, on the outside the concrete for a hatchway is at an angle, not level. it slopes down and away from the house. right now we dont have hatch doors, it is the concrete with tin roof and tarps covering it. and yes, we get an INCREDIBLE amount of water in the basement. (right now if i didnt run the sump the 1400sq ft would fill with 3-4 inches a day)

i need a solution to put some hatch doors on and get it sealed up as best as possible.

how would i do that with the concrete at an angle like it is?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: need solution for hatchway PLEASE!!!!!

Both bilco and Gordon have doors like you describe.

www.bilco.com
www.gordoncelladoors.com

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Basements Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here