Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mugsysmith

Basement plumbing for toilet

mugsysmith
12 years ago

I have a question on possible plumbing for a toilet in my basement. Let me first set a picture of my plumbing. If you are looking at 50' sidewall my main sewer pipe comes down from the first floor about the middle of the wall. The pipe goes down to just above the basement floor and goes left for 25' and gradually slopes into floor until it is completely below the floor right at the corner of the basement. Just to the right of the vertical section of the pipe is my washer, dryer, and sink. This is about ten feet of space. I want to put a toilet next to the sink. Is this first even possible? I am thinking I either need a 4" tee where the elbow is at the floor so I can run a 4" pipe for the new toilet along the floor or a 4" wye of some sort. I am thinking a wye is better to angle the vertical pipe to drain towards the left and not straight down. I am also guessing to make up for the flange under the toilet I am going to need to put the toilet on a small platform. Will this work? Am I missing something? Thanks. Also, my basement is only about 6.5' high.

Comments (4)