Return to the Basements Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
External drainage system! Please help!

Posted by bajo71 (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 20, 14 at 19:23

Hi, I just joined this forum and I am hopping I can get some valuable advices and help with my drainage project. I purchased a house 3 years a go and my basement get damp every spring time for few months. I live in northen New Jersey. It is a finished basement and I decided to go with an external footer drainage system. the problem is mainly the water table rising during this time of the year. The problem is that this is a tri level house and the basement is not a full basement and one side of the house is a den next to the garage so I guess I won't be able to reach the footer on one side of the basement.
My question is this, If I install a footer drain on 3 side of the basement will this be sufficient to keep the water table below the basement slab and footer? My plan was to hire an excavator to do the digging for me then install Tuff N Dri waterproofing system and do the piping and the gravel myself... I would appreciate any professional opinion and any feedback or advice
Thank you in advance

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: External drainage system! Please help!

Short of breaking up your garage floor and excavating the edge along the basement, you're stuck. Doing the three accessible sides might be enough. (Or not.)

From the Tuff-n-Dri website: "TUFF-N-DRI Basement Waterproofing System is installed only by Barrier Solutions Contractors. These contractors undergo training to ensure the highest quality application."

This post was edited by worthy on Fri, Mar 21, 14 at 1:03

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Basements Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here