Return to the Basements Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ceiling tiles and access regulations

Posted by first_timer (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 28, 07 at 18:25

Hi all,
(I searched the forum but couldn't find exactly what I needed).

Does anyone know if there are any ceiling tiles or ceiling systems that qualify as accessible?

We're finishing our basement and don't have the height for a dropped ceiling. We need to keep access in many parts of the basement for gas, plumbing and electrical pipes and wires etc.

Thanks!

p.s. I'm in BC, Canada if that makes a difference.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ceiling tiles and access regulations

Armstrong has a system that installs up against the joists. Check out their website. See if that fits the bill.
Ron

o

cieling max is one company sold at HD. I used them and also tried another company that I cant think of right now. The second company was a little cheaper and a little easier to work with, but you have to order it online so you need to know how muck to order. Do a search online and im sure you will find it. If not, I can get the info for you.

o

Wow thanks guys, I found so much Googling those two names.
Looks like these are the types of products I need.

o

CeilingLink is the other zero clearance product that directly connects to the bottom of the joists. It is the competitor to CeilingMax.

FYI - I haven't decided which product to go w/ yet but it will definitely be 1 of the 2. I want to maximize the head space.

o

Cieling link is the company I was thinking off. I used both and there both ok.

o

Here are some pretty good pictures of direct-mount grid installations!

Here is a link that might be useful: Direct Mount Grid Installations

o

BasementCeilingTiles.com has a direct/surface/joist mounted grid that is made of vinyl, so will never rust. You can even get it different colors, or wood-look. They also have the waterproof ceiling tiles that are a little more durable/rigid and won't get damaged from moving them around periodically.

Here is a link that might be useful: Basement Ceiling Tiles

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Basements Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here