Return to the Basements Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Shower or shower/tub combo in basement

Posted by lotsofkids (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 24, 13 at 17:12

We are ready to start finishing the 3 basement bedrooms and bath. Our kids won't stay down there until they get a little older (and they all shower anyway). We are doing some things with the idea that any of our parents may someday come to live with us. Assuming they are still somewhat independent but maybe not agile enough to want to step in and out of a tub/shower, should we stick with a shower only? You can't put a bench in a bathtub either. Is there any reason I'd be sorry I don't have a bathtub in my basement bathroom?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Shower or shower/tub combo in basement

Resale. Relaxation. And for sanitary reasons, a bath is said to be more cleansing for the fairer sex.

This post was edited by worthy on Mon, Mar 25, 13 at 20:22

o

My suggestion would be to build what meets your needs, not what may meet the needs (or desires) of some unknown person at some unknown point in time in the future. If you're really concerned size/configure the shower stall to accept a tub with a minimum of hassle.

o

Thanks. I think we are going to go with the shower only. I like the look and ease of it. I will look into the config to make sure we can accept a tub if we need to.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Basements Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here