Return to the Basements Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sump pump/ejector pump run frequently

Posted by dieseluno (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 10, 12 at 16:45

Recently the sump pump in my home started running about every 5 minutes despite no rain or large amounts of snow. It hasn't snowed in weeks and as a matter of fact the temp has been in the upper 30s and 40s. I shut off the sump pump to see if there was an excessive amount of water but it did not overflow. I left it off for a few hours but then noticed that the ejector pump started to run about every 5 minutes. Once sump pump was turned back on, the ejector pump didn't run as frequently. I've ran the pipe outside at least 20 feet away from the house and sump pump continues to runs every 5 minutes. Any possible solutions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sump pump/ejector pump run frequently

Discussed before at GW.

o

Ejectors pumps are for black water (sewage), sump pumps are for drainage of normally 'clean' water.

What do you have?

o

Sounds like what ours did when it needed to be replaced.

o

Update:

I installed a Zoeller M98 and replaced pipe on inside of house and check valve two days ago. Then ran it to 25' of 2" pipe on the outside to 25' of 1 1/2" pipe and then ran a hose from that about another 30' away from the house. The time between cycles is starting to increase. When I first installed it, sump pump ran ever 10 minutes. Now it's running about ever 40 - 45 minutes.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Basements Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here