Return to the Basements Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help Us Name R Bar

Posted by fnmroberts (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 3, 07 at 15:53

Perhaps someone here will have a creative edge and will give us the right idea. We finished our basement approximately a year ago. It is a great-room concept with a bar, lots of color and poster art - much of it bar themed.

We have been trying to come up with a name which we could then imprint on bar napkins and glassware. Suggestions are requested.

Photos are linked from "My Page". Thanks in advance for your inspiration.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help Us Name R Bar

Hi - I haven't posted in Basements before but am expanding my horizons this morning... you have a very nice space there.

Hmmm, what's in a name
- "The Blue Room"
- or maybe "Bicyclette"
- or the "Glass House"

I hope you get many suggestions to try out or one that just comes to you and "fits" (oooh, "fitz" - ok I'm pushing it, I'll stop)

o

Down Under

o

Really appreciate the suggestions. We're having a St. Pat's party and will ask for suggestions from those folks too.

o

"Group Therapy"

o

Here are my suggestions...Hope they help
The Cobalt Lounge
The Art Parlour
The Wreck Room
Our Space
The Watering Hole
Hot Shots
Where Art Thou..
Whiskey Blue
Blue Lotus
Barfly's
Teaser's
Dreams Cafe and Bar
The Water Grill
The Blue Grotto
The Grotto
Plan B
Blue Chip's

o

Al Keyholic's Bar

How about a saying on napkins,etc,like:
If it ain't Guinness stout, spit it out or
My friends include Jim Beam,Bud Wiser,Jack Daniels,Johnny Walker,or

give me another beer the blood count is getting to high in my alcohol stream or

A hangover is the wrath of grapes. ~Author Unknown

Wine is bottled poetry. ~Robert Louis Stevenson

Remember: "I" before "E," except in Budweiser. ~Author Unknown

Everybody should believe in something; I believe I'll have another drink. ~Author Unknown

My grandmother is over eighty and still doesn't need glasses. Drinks right out of the bottle. ~Henny Youngman

If you drink, don't drive. Don't even putt. ~Dean Martin

o

Thank you for your ideas.

georgiapoollover, several of your names are really creative. We both like The Art Parlour. Actually most of what is seen in the bar are vintage prints, but on the main floor we have oils.

qdognj, I've seen many of the drinking phrases you provided. One of our neighbors has a city pub theme for his bar which included several of your.

Appreciate your thoughts and will finalize a name shortly.

o

Let us know what you decide..... I think The Art Parlour is appropriate. So would be The Gallery....

o

For lack of stating the obvious the space should be called... INDULGE.

o

Alcoholics Anonyomous, DWI, Sloshed, .01, Drunks "R" Us, The Dry Heaves, The DT's.
I'll have more tommorrow if you're still searching. I need to stop into a place needing names for a crack house.
Busy night.
Ron

o

What did you decide?

o

georgiapoollover

This has been a fun process. Actually we gathered more than 100 names from ourselves, friends and respondents like you. We narrowed the list to 25, then last Saturday (with more than 40 for St. Patrick's Day) had everyone vote their favorites and narrowed the list to 5. We are now getting e-mails back and Deja Bleu is in the lead.

Next is design a logo and get it imprinted on things. Appreciate your interest and everyone else's too.

o

Love, love, love your space. How large is it overall?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Basements Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here