Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fnmroberts

Help Us Name R Bar

fnmroberts
17 years ago

Perhaps someone here will have a creative edge and will give us the right idea. We finished our basement approximately a year ago. It is a great-room concept with a bar, lots of color and poster art - much of it bar themed.

We have been trying to come up with a name which we could then imprint on bar napkins and glassware. Suggestions are requested.

Photos are linked from "My Page". Thanks in advance for your inspiration.

Comments (13)

• puc13
    17 years ago

Hi - I haven't posted in Basements before but am expanding my horizons this morning... you have a very nice space there.

Hmmm, what's in a name
    - "The Blue Room"
    - or maybe "Bicyclette"
    - or the "Glass House"

I hope you get many suggestions to try out or one that just comes to you and "fits" (oooh, "fitz" - ok I'm pushing it, I'll stop)

• mikie_gw
    17 years ago

Down Under

• fnmroberts
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Really appreciate the suggestions. We're having a St. Pat's party and will ask for suggestions from those folks too.

• dgmarie
    17 years ago

"Group Therapy"

• georgiapoollover
    17 years ago

Here are my suggestions...Hope they help
    The Cobalt Lounge
    The Art Parlour
    The Wreck Room
    Our Space
    The Watering Hole
    Hot Shots
    Where Art Thou..
    Whiskey Blue
    Blue Lotus
    Barfly's
    Teaser's
    Dreams Cafe and Bar
    The Water Grill
    The Blue Grotto
    The Grotto
    Plan B
    Blue Chip's

• qdognj
    17 years ago

Al Keyholic's Bar

How about a saying on napkins,etc,like:
    If it ain't Guinness stout, spit it out or
    My friends include Jim Beam,Bud Wiser,Jack Daniels,Johnny Walker,or

give me another beer the blood count is getting to high in my alcohol stream or

A hangover is the wrath of grapes. ~Author Unknown

Wine is bottled poetry. ~Robert Louis Stevenson

Remember: "I" before "E," except in Budweiser. ~Author Unknown

Everybody should believe in something; I believe I'll have another drink. ~Author Unknown

My grandmother is over eighty and still doesn't need glasses. Drinks right out of the bottle. ~Henny Youngman

If you drink, don't drive. Don't even putt. ~Dean Martin

• fnmroberts
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thank you for your ideas.

georgiapoollover, several of your names are really creative. We both like The Art Parlour. Actually most of what is seen in the bar are vintage prints, but on the main floor we have oils.

qdognj, I've seen many of the drinking phrases you provided. One of our neighbors has a city pub theme for his bar which included several of your.

Appreciate your thoughts and will finalize a name shortly.

• georgiapoollover
    17 years ago

Let us know what you decide..... I think The Art Parlour is appropriate. So would be The Gallery....

• mainelystuck
    17 years ago

For lack of stating the obvious the space should be called... INDULGE.

• ron6519
    17 years ago

Alcoholics Anonyomous, DWI, Sloshed, .01, Drunks "R" Us, The Dry Heaves, The DT's.
    I'll have more tommorrow if you're still searching. I need to stop into a place needing names for a crack house.
    Busy night.
    Ron

• georgiapoollover
    17 years ago

What did you decide?

• fnmroberts
    Original Author
    17 years ago

georgiapoollover

This has been a fun process. Actually we gathered more than 100 names from ourselves, friends and respondents like you. We narrowed the list to 25, then last Saturday (with more than 40 for St. Patrick's Day) had everyone vote their favorites and narrowed the list to 5. We are now getting e-mails back and Deja Bleu is in the lead.

Next is design a logo and get it imprinted on things. Appreciate your interest and everyone else's too.

• hedygs
    17 years ago

Love, love, love your space. How large is it overall?