Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gilligansisland

Xpost- water running in thru poured walls where pvc pipe enters

GilligansIsland
13 years ago

Our house is nearly done, however we had heavy rains last night and now there is water coming in thru the mains water and sump pump piping going out the poured concrete basement walls. We had the lot graded in the fall, but it's obvious the water is running towards the foundation.

Since both the lines running in/out of walls are leaking, is it possible this wasn't sealed properly? Builder is coming out today to have a look, but I just want to be prepared for the solution. I've read various solutions already, some 70% say fix from inside, others strongly suggest to fix from outside. I'd hate to agree to just filling the holes from the inside if it's just a temporary fix.

It doesn't appear the holes were filled from the inside to begin with. There is a gap between the PVC piping and concrete holes that were drilled in the walls. The water is running (continually flowing) clear with no soil or sand in mix. You can put your fingers in the wall, but not far enough to see if the outside is even sealed. Thank you!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Bull Run Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars273 Reviews
Virginia's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Renovation Firm I Best of Houzz