Return to the Basements Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Darn It...XPS To cinderblock issue

Posted by andrelaplume2 (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 4, 13 at 21:19

I posted previously about a cleanout beneath my fireplace in my basement and my desire to xps over it...and the surrounding poured concrte wall. Anyway, that one particular area is not poured concrete, its cinder block. I had been gluing the xps and affixing it with fur strips then framing in front of it. My Blue concrete screws however are no grabbing the concrete block. I think perhaps the hammer drill might be crumbling a hole...not sure. All I know is, though glued, its not tight. The studs will likely help but I wan the foam nice and tight. What can I use thru my fur strip into the cinder block?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Darn It...XPS To cinderblock issue

Try in a different spot so you hit the block ribs, not the voids.

o

well, thats the easiest thing to do...I'll give it a shot..

o

I'd use Liquid Nails (or other) construction adhesive.

o

Hit the mortar joints.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Basements Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here