Return to the Basements Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Foam

Posted by bear76 (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 27, 09 at 20:47

This if the stuff I get at work. I was going to use the system 50 to do the rim joists. Any opinions?

http://www.rhhfoamsystems.com/

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Foam

You do that please and feel free to come back here and tell us about the wonderful product but please try to convince us that it isn't just a big SPAM sandwich.

o

I've been a member here for at least 5 years now. I hang out on the gardening forums mostly. I work for a plumbing company and we use these systems to insulate underground pipes, and wanted to know what the general opinions would be using it in the basement. So before you jump to conclusions check your facts first.

Anyway, I went ahead and pulled out the FG from the sills and sprayed the foam. It went in well and I'm happy with it. It is mostly closed cell foam, I hope it does not hurt anything down the road.

o

It should work well. By Code, though, any foam, sprayed or in board form, should be covered with a fireblocking material.

(FWIW, I've noticed that spammers are inevitably signed on within a day or two of their initial posts.)

o

I will be drywalling everything in hopefully soon. I guess that would be fine for a fire block. It will be a few inches from the spray foam (away from the wall).

o

Yes, 1/2" gypsum board is acceptable.

o

It's been awhile but I finally got the framing up. Reguarding the fire block, Should I continue the drywall into the floor joist area as a horizontal block? I have decided to use a 2x2 paneled ceiling instead of drywall.

o

That's one easy solution.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Basements Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here