Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mikey553

Radon sealants - need advice...

mikey553
16 years ago

I am planning to organize a machine shop and a workout area downstairs, however the radon level there is around 12. In the living area on the first floor it is around 5. I do not want to die before my time so I am trying to fix that.

After sealing the gap between the concrete slab and the block walls the level in the basement dropped to 6. The floor is bare but the walls are painted with Drylock and latex topcoat. I still have a few gaps to seal, but am afraid it will not bring me to my goal. Radon still can seep through the floor and the walls.

Since I am not too keen on the fan-based radon mitigation, I would like to try concrete sealants on the floor, and, possibly, on the walls. RadonSeal.com has many happy customer testimonials, but I wonder if company is telling the truth. This product is a silicate and it is not cheap. There are other similar products on the market like X-1 from Stone Technologies, CP-1007 from Chemical Products Industries and some others.

I would like to hear if any of you has used these products and what was the outcome. Thanks in advance for sharing!

Mike

Comments (3)