Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hunter41162

General Question, moisture, framing.

hunter41162
15 years ago

Hello everyone,

I plan on framing up the basement and rocking it.Here is what I have already done.

1.Have a dehumidifier(doesnt turn on much even when set to run on lowest humidity levels)

2 Ripped the old furring strips, panel, double rocked dividing wall(which had a black mold),

3.Patched holes and cracks from nails etc..

4.drylocked the block walls

Here is my plan. Tell me what you think.

I am gonna frame along the block an inch out roughly with treated 2x2, just to make the project easier with any imperfections with the block and keeping things square. Put some sort of plastic/vapor barrier between the framing and block(suggestions?)Also something between bottom plate and concrete floor. Insulate between the 2x2's. Rock with water/mold resistant drywall. Install some sort of raised flooring? for carpet or some sort of carpet squares I dont know yet.

How does that sound? My concern is I have some yellow showing through some drylock(water?)in a few small places. The mold that was in the middle partition wall, not sure why that came to be, we have only had water once in 20 yrs and it wasnt severe. Have gutters, and slope of landscaping is improved. Hopefully I am on the right track with this. Its a whole basement I am doing, ideas of fireplace, small bedroom, bathroom etc. A bit overwhelming when you can only afford a little at a time but still having to keep an idea of bigger picture.

Comments (4)