Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sab1979_gw

Basement Cost

sab1979
15 years ago

I have a few questions and the people here seem very knowledgable.

I want to refinish one "playroom" in my basement that will be about 10 x 15 feet. The other basement space is not that usable. In the space listed above, the concrete to the joists is about 80-81 inches. I need to reroute a few water pipes (small finger width ones) and move the hot water heater. I also will need to have the electric work done. Lastly, the stairway from 1st floor to basement will be redone. I live in Boston by the way

I am wondering the approximate cost of all the following:

1. Plumbing (re-routing 2 pipes around the proposed room and moving the hot water heater about 10 feet)

2. Electric. Adding a few outlets and a few lights. A few lights are there already but may need to be re-done. Electric box is about 30 feet away.

3. "construction". Framing, drywall, insulation, and ceiling (dropped or drywall?)

4. Flooring. Water proofing (dry basement already), carpet padding, and berber carpet installed

Should I contact a contracted who can do it all, or should I hire people out myself. If the second option is what I should do, in what order should it be done? Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Comment (1)