Return to the Basements Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Basement - Floors before Framing?

Posted by aehmann (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 17, 12 at 17:02

We are planning on remodeling our unfinished basement next year, but I want to put the flooring in now so the kids can play downstairs.

Is this going to cause any issues with framing in the walls later on?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Basement - Floors before Framing?

No.

Non-loading bearing stud walls can be installed on top of Delta FL (or equivalent), DRIcore (or equivalent) and XPS/ply.

o

Actually the plywood subfloor is already down. We have a crawl space underneath that.

I was hoping to put a solid wood pine flooring down.

o

In that case I would nail the base plate of the future walls to the subfloor & then put the flooring down.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Basements Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here