Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
blue_fastback

constructing a home wet bar

blue_fastback
18 years ago

I want to install a wat bar in my basement to top off my total remodel project. I cant seem to find much info on this subject. I was going to build a glass block bar with granite top. This was going to match a glass block wall in the basement and my fireplace is a dark granite. The wife decided it would not look right. So I started looking at prefab bars in the internet and most seem small and expensive. I want the bar about 8 feet long so it will seat 4 comfortably. So now im thinking some how make my own using some cabinets as a low base and get a formica top with sink and have an upper top with the matching granite that I used on my fireplace. I would then build a L-shaped wall in front of the cabinets using 2x4 studs and a finishing plywood over that with some nice trim. Unfortunatly my father who is the carpenter is down in Florida til April. Does my plan sound ok?I am looking for good ideas and maybee even pictures if any one has any. I am not very creative and have a hard time picturing how things will look in my head.

Comments (12)