Return to the Basements Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Saniflo uplush basement toilets

Posted by jarvinen (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 21, 11 at 13:49

Anyone have any experience with SaniFlo (upflush) toilets in the basement? We do not have plumbing roughed in, and this seems like the best option for pumping our waste/gray water up into the septic.

I would like to hear from anyone with opinions. Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Saniflo uplush basement toilets

Perhaps technology has changed over the years, but I grew up with one of these and hated it.

My dad put one in becuase our house only had 1 bathroom - and it was his. The man spent half his life on the crapper while me, my mom ,and sister had to wait around with a cork in it until the king came out.

One day my dad reads an aritcle on a business trip about these up-flush toilets. Since our basement did not have rough in, and the king did not want to chisle up the concrete - in went the up-flush.

At first, we 3 marveled at the new appliance. And it sure was nice to have a spot - albeit right next to the gas heater and work bench - to drop off a package or two.

But then came the trouble. Sis put too much paper and clogged the up-flush. Mom could never get the hang of the handle (ALWAYS PUSH FIRST to Fill - THEN PULL to drain) mechanism. If you did not follow that simple rule - what a mess. And trying to contain the laughter from my friends who came over and couldn't ring the bowl because they were laughing so hard at this monstrosity of a toilet was just too much to bear.

Do yourslef a favor. Rent a jack hammer and put the plumbing in for a real toilet.

o
RE: Saniflo uplush basement toilets

We have something in our basement. I just looked....it's a Zoeller Qwik Jon. Is that anything similar to what you're looking at? If so, we have no problems with it at all. We've lived here 6-1/2 years and the people before us put it in...they were here 3 years. You flush it like a normal toilet. (I think it is a normal toilet...just the huge thing next to it is what I'm talking about) It sounds like it pushes everything up ever other flush. It's one of the few things in this house we HAVEN'T had trouble with. :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Basements Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here