jojoco
17 years ago

Before:

After (Different angle due to glare from windows):

Jo

Comments (14)

• chippy
    17 years ago

Nice huge basement!Wow. Is that a real basement or just slightly below ground?

• jojoco
    Original Author
    17 years ago

It is a real subterrainean basement. We installed oversized windows with window wells so that we could one day put in a bedroom.
    Jo

• jkels0
    17 years ago

Wow, beautiful job! Just a couple questions. What type of flooring do you have under the ping pong table and what brand is the pool table? We are almost done finishing our basement and I'm at the flooring stage and can't decide what to put down. We are also looking for a pool table and can't believe how expensive they are.

Thanks!

• jasper_60103
    17 years ago

Wow, great job Jo!
    Nice game room.

-jasper

• ravlegend
    17 years ago

that's a high ceiling - what height is it?

Good job nevertheless.

• jojoco
    Original Author
    17 years ago

The ceiling is about 8 feet at its highest and something like 7'2" at the lowest. The flooring is commercial grade berber and the pool table is by cannon, the fairfield model. I think it was about $2100.
    Hope this helps.
    Jo

• kyodonna
    17 years ago

Nice job! Did you do all of the work? Also how old is your home and how did you handle dampness?

• jojoco
    Original Author
    17 years ago

We hired out the whole job. Our house is brand new, finished last may. As for dampness, it hasn't been an issue (she says, crossing her fingers).

Jo

• jkels0
    17 years ago

One more question for you Jo. What is underneath your ping pong table? Is it a huge chair mat?

We just finished our basement (carpet will be down next week) and we have one corner that will be my daughters' art area. They are 14 and 16. I wanted the floor to be all carpet, but now need a way to avoid paint spills from the girls art projects. I was thinking of getting a big chair mat for the area to protect the carpet. I thought putting down laminate flooring would cut the place up too much. I'll be so happy when this project is totally done!

Jackie

• jojoco
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Jackie,
    It is only a shadow, a perfectly square one, but a shadow. Hve you considered those interlocking squares on top of a dropcloth on your carpet? It would look cute and the dropcloth would be hidden.
    Jo

• jkels0
    17 years ago

Hi Jo,

What are the interlocking squares and where do I find them? Thanks!

Jackie

• jojoco
    Original Author
    17 years ago

The primary colored ones are the ones I had in mind.
    Jo

Here is a link that might be useful: interlocking rubber mat carpet

• jkels0
    17 years ago

Hi Jo,

Thanks for the info on the interlocking tiles. Looks like they just might work. Thanks again!

Jackie

• vermont_blue
    17 years ago

I'm jealous! IÂve been working on my basement for a year. I hope it looks as nice as yours came out!

Sponsored
Capital City Construction & Remodeling
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars6 Reviews
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living