Return to the Basements Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Uneven Concrete Floor

Posted by tio76 (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 3, 07 at 10:48

We are in the process of finishing our basement and the concrete work in there is some of the worst I have ever seen. There are many areas that are not level which would not be to bad but there are lots "seams" were the concrete is raised .25-.5" for the length of a room. What can I do about these? Would a concrete grinder take care of these? Is this something I can take care of my self or would it be better to hire a concrete worker? This is not an isolated problem in the basement but can be found though out. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Uneven Concrete Floor

My contractor used a self level product. It looked like a thin runny concrete mixture that is applied to the floor. It fills in any cracks and settles in the lower level areas of the floor making it level with the higher areas. I don't know the name of the product but he purchased it at Home Depot.

o

Dash patch

o

I have used the self leveling compund from HD in my basement in a few spots that were not level at all. I added adouut an inch or so and it worked fine.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Basements Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here