Return to the Basements Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Converting a crawl space into full basement

Posted by akehcmbf (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 24, 06 at 10:19

Does anyone have any experience converting a crawl space into a full basement? I discovered a company on-line that provides this service in Illinois. They said the cost usually runs $30-70,000 depending on the size of the home and other factors. Have any of you ever done this before?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Converting a crawl space into full basement

I would assume the house would have to be lifted up first. Also some of the plumbing and electric would be effected. Check with your local building dept regarding permits and what they suggest. If you do it, find out if there are local contractors in MI. Your water table may be too high. My son is in MI and he said water table/snow would present a problem Make sure they are licensed in your state, and bonded. Who would do the work? Also check the structure. Your walls will shift and there could be other concerns. Does your ground freeze?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Basements Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here