Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kkal474_gw

Delta FL vs. XPS vs. no insulation for basement floor

kkal474
15 years ago

We are in the process of trying to figure out how to deal with the floor of our soon to be finished basement. We are most likely going to be spray-foaming the walls for insulation but are confused as to what to do with the floor. Hubby just wants to put down carpet with a thick pad and call it a day. This is the way has done it in previous basements and he said it worked fine. To me this sounds cold and potentially damp. I want warm floors!!

Right now we are looking at doing XPS under OSB/Plywood for the subfloor but I have read about some other systems and wonder if they are at all better or warmer than this system.

One of them is the DeltaFL membrane and the other is DriCore. Which is better?? If using XPS should there be a vapor barrier installed underneath the XPS?

We don't want to spend more money than we need to but also want to do this right. We are probably going to go buy a carpet remnant and put it over padding and over a sheet of XPS and see what the difference feels like but I would love some info on the other systems.

Thanks

Kristen

Comments (5)