Return to the Basements Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Basement problems

Posted by amy1022 (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 16, 08 at 8:20

I have always had water problems in my home's basement. I had to get a sump pump for the back of the basement, being during heavy rains it was like a river there. The sump pump fixed that area, but still whenever it rains heavily now in the front of the basement (side facing front of the house) I get a huge water puddle. I am also getting some water on the sides as well. I have it all--musty odor and efflorescence (spelling?)on the walls. I know this must be doing damage do the foundation fo the home. I have been told the land outside looks as if it slopes to the house. Whom should I hire, or what sort of person can help me here?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Basement problems

You could look for landscaper(s) that specialize in drainage. Ask them about regrading so that the slope goes away from your house. OTher possibilities are french drains around the exterior perimeter of your house that would intercept the water before it gets to your foundation.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Basements Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here