Return to the Basements Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Basement Bars....show me yours!

Posted by pamcrews (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 8, 07 at 20:07

As we begin the process of designing our bar, we can't seem to find what we want in the way of cabinets and shelves behind the bar area. Something not as formal as kitchen cabinets offer, more of a sports bar theme. Would love to see pictures of your bar area! We plan on having a sink, built in microwave and fridge/freezer. Any advice, along with those pictures would be oh so welcomed. Posted 'em here or email me at pamcrews@yahoo.com.

Thanks a bunch.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Basement Bars....show me yours!

Hi Pam,

I'm kind of in the same boat as you, though maybe a bit farther along... ;^)

I've ordered the cabinets and appliances for my bar area, but don't yet have anything to show for it - except for the computer rendering I created during the planning stages. That image can be seen at the attached link.

The upper and lower cabinets are standard cabinetry. The 2nd level bar-top (with the (hopefully lighted) glass-block divider), I'll have to create myself. We haven't made a decision yet on countertops - they're *so* expensive. Plumbing the sink will be interesting too...

Good luck.

Jeff

Here is a link that might be useful: My virtual bar...

o

Photos of our basement are linked from "My Page". Below each of the photos is some commentary which hopefully will offer a bit of helpful guidance.

Ours was a DIY project with challenges that come when doing things after construction. We used IKEA cabinets but built a couple on-site ourselves. Plumbing for the sink runs through the base cabinets rather than having to cut the concrete. The bar top is ceramic tile because our stairs would not enable a pre-made counter around the turn.

Hope this is helpful.

o

My bar is a stand alone job so that I can (with a lot of back breaking work) move it to my next house after we sell the one we have.

I built it around a 7 cubic foot chest freezer and it has the ability to have three beers on tap.

Here is a link that might be useful: Building the bar.

o

Thanks Berry! That's very cool. I might have to try and talk my wife into letting me build one too! Great design.

o

I would like to share my pics but don't know how. I will email them to you. I did a basic L shape bar with a 24" cabinet, a 30" Sink cabinet with a small drop in bar sink, a 26" glass front beverage cooler and for the L a 36" cabinet. I put granite counter tops. Looks real nice.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Basements Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here