Return to the Basements Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
1950's poured basement

Posted by shilty (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 28, 13 at 11:00

Its a repo - qualifies for 203K to fix whatever it needs.

3br/ranch with one car garage. Basement wall is cracked in one room, three large cracks top to bottom. Evidence of water streaming through. Other walls covered with paneling which will have to be removed to know what is behind it.

I found a bit on YouTube about repairing a crack by filling with a tube product. Is that the best way, and will it hold?

Still waffling - a lot of work to be done. Not sure I know enough to ask the right questions. Its is a good neighborhood - so might be worth an extensive rehab.

Your input would be appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 1950's poured basement

Foundation cracks have a variety causes. Some are indicative of serious damage, others are typical settlement cracks. In general, relatively uniform vertical cracks with no displacement to either side and no greater than 1/4" in width are minor settlement cracks. But they can still let lots of water in.

Here is a link that might be useful: Foundation Crack Evaluation

This post was edited by worthy on Sun, Feb 3, 13 at 15:14

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Basements Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here