Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sequoia_2007

Water Infiltrating Dirt Crawl Space

sequoia_2007
16 years ago

What is the best material to fill vertical cavities in a stem wall footing that were left by forming stakes used to pour the stem wall 25 years ago? I have 5 such openings along a 20 foot section of stem wall that were the conduit for an enormous amount of water that entered from an adjoining townhouse recently. My crawl space is a few inches lower than the adjoining crawl space and the water from the flooded adjacent crawl space just fountained up into our crawl space. These cavities measure 1" x 4" and are anywhere from 12" to 18" deep. I was going to use a product like QUIKRETE - Hydraulic Water-Stop Cement since it is not supposed to shrink and will stop water, but I was wondering if there were any newer products that would do a better job.

{{gwi:1381002}}

{{gwi:1381003}}

Also, in addition to another water infiltration source, I suspect the aforementioned source has been flooding our dirt crawl space for several seasons and may have something to do with the large crack in the adjoining stem wall. What would be a good product to fill this vertical crack?

{{gwi:1381004}}

Thanks for taking the time to read my post and consider my questions

Howard

Comments (3)