Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jannie_gw

My poor sister in law

jannie
18 years ago

My sister in law just moved into a new apartment. Actually it's an illegal two-family home. She rents downstairs and the landlady (a single woman) lives upstairs. Pat is extremely shy,unable to speak up and be assertive. But she constantly complains to me. The day she moved in, the landlady yelled at the movers and told them not to scratch the floors with their boots. She told Pat not to put the thermostat up high, and to only use cold water for clothes washing. She calls Pat daily to complain about things like a window left open,or an empty garbage can left out by the curb. Also, she apparently goes into the apartment while Pat is at work. She has noticed doors unlocked and things moved around. The landlady frequently brings her leftover food down and offers it to Pat. To be nice, Pat accepts the food sweetly but then throws it out. I told her to tell the woman she is on a special diet for medical reaseons and can't eat anything not allowed. Does anyone have any suggestions? Does this landlady sound cuckoo to you? I've never met her,but I speak to Pat daily and it's upsetting her.

Comments (4)