Return to the Apartment Living Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Water in garage

Posted by hlaura81 (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 10, 03 at 20:17

I live in a very nice 4-plex, but have a landlord who is, to be nice, a jerk. Everything that goes wrong, he either does not want to fix, or tries to blame it on me. Well, here in Minnesota, we have a lot of snow! I am in and out of my garage all day long, and of course the car brings in snow on the tires. All of a sudden, the water is puddling badly-it is not going anywhere, and seems to settle at the left side of the garage. (My garage is in between two others.) This did not happen last winter. Is there something that I can do to clear out the water? It is getting very frustrating, and I thought I would try this before I tell him, and have deal with him.

Thanks for your help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Water in garage

Sweep it out with a broom....or try leaving your car out until the "fender bergs" drop off and then drive into the garage.
Those with attached garages and a door leading directly into their house, learn that a cleaner garage means a cleaner house. Leave your car outside during the day as you run your errands....then put it in when you are home for the day.
Linda C

o
RE: Water in garage

This is just a fact of life in northern climates. I kick off the clumps of salt and snow from under the wheel well before I pull into my garage.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Apartment Living Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here