Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
iloveexercise

First lease violation after 8 years! Help,advice needed

iloveexercise
15 years ago

We have lived at the same apartment complex for 8 years.

We are ideal tenants~always pay rent on time,never loud or disruptive to other tenants,keep the place and yard clean.

Yesterday I find a handwritten envelope on our door with our address on it.Curious I open it and find VIOLATION OF LEASE paper from my complex stating how our grill (which has been sitting in the same place the last 3 years!) is a violation because it is not 25 ft away from the building.

Note: we dont use it THAT close to the building,but if it is to be stored 25 ft away from the building as this paper states it should be,it will be in the middle of the sidewalk!

My husband is furious because he says alot of other people's grills are the same and why arent they getting this letter.

Anyways,we got rid of the stupid grill.My husband took it to work with him.(he works in a warehouse)

So,here is my question:

First,could we be in trouble for this violation? I have never had one before,so I have no idea.

Two,do they really expect people to leave their grills that far away where someone could easily steal it?

Comments (3)

Sponsored