Return to the Apartment Living Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
am I too sensitive?

Posted by zapatista (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 5, 08 at 13:12

I live in a condo in a wood frame building. I must admit, the construction is pretty good, it's from the 70's, except it is wood frame. That being said I can hear my neighbors' front door, when they're careless, otherwise not much. But the door can be annoying, especially if it's late. I have thought of trying to move to a concrete building, but want to know if it's worth it. If I can still hear my neighbors, it hardly seems worth it.
Any thoughts out there, or experiences with these two types of construction?
Any relevant comments are welcome!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: am I too sensitive?

Some people are more sensitive to sound than others. You might be unhappy wherever you live.

o
RE: am I too sensitive?

I don't think it's about sensitivity there - you hear what you hear, but consider how often and 'bad' it is, then consider some of the other things you could run into elsewhere, like little kids running around over your head at midnight routinely, or drunks next door, people just so inconsiderate they continually scrape your car trying to park (but you never know who they are), or people with dogs who leave the halls smelling bad, and who play music loud all the time. If you can't take a door closing 1-2 times a day now, you really need to save for your own place, I think. Ans construction can be deceiving (it's not always the whole story as sound travels indoors in funny ways too).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Apartment Living Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here