Return to the Apartment Living Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
When is a complaint acceptable?

Posted by zapatista (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 30, 10 at 9:37

I live in a high rise and I have some neighbors upstairs who make some noise. They do not blast music or a television, but they like to move furniture around. They tend to do it from late morning until nighttime, not too late. They also are stompers, and have a young girl who likes to run. They obviously have no carpeting down. The stomping is not continuous, but it can be quite loud. The running is not as loud, as the girl is smaller, and is also sporadic. I have been told everything from "You Need to go up there today and tell them to quit it." to "There's nothing you can do about the way they walk. Plus young children get antsy in apartments."
So what is the correct answer? I don't think they're rude people, although I don't know them. I know I am overly sensitive too, which is not their fault.

Any suggestions or experiences like this from anyone out there?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: When is a complaint acceptable?

Always?

o
RE: When is a complaint acceptable?

Would you say the noise bothers you because you're being quiet and sort of listening, or is it even when you're occupied, which would mean it is likely too loud. Children are children and do have to live somewhere, but a carpet would help if you can either get management to tell them to put one in, or talk to them directly about it. But even if you're sensitive, you still have a right to reasonable enjoyment of your place, so think about both sides and go from there.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Apartment Living Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here