Return to the Apartment Living Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
fire alarms-

Posted by BerryBlis (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 21, 04 at 23:28

Hello,

How common is it in your apartment to have fire alarms? (or false alarms as the case may be...)
I've been living in my apartment for less than 30 days and so far we've had 3 (all false, I think someone pulled it) and they've all happened at between 12 and 1 in the morning....I'm getting a little annoyed with it.... and just wanted to see if this was a common occurance with most places.

Thanks!
BerryBlis

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: fire alarms-

Never! When I lived in apts.
I am in a condo now.
So we get them every time I cook!
:)
I hope the firemen get pissed and find the people.
There was powder they could brush on the alarm switch and the prankster would not know. They bring a blue light down and scan the hands/ fingers of all and see who did it. Sounds like it would take a lot of time to do that.
I thought there was a charge to the management companies when false alarms were pulled too often. In the Industrial parkway here, if the alarms go off by the cleaners too often there is a charge.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Apartment Living Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here