Return to the Apartment Living Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
moved into my new place-

Posted by BerryBlis (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 3, 04 at 23:09

Hello,

So i moved into my new apartment on the weekend. So far I love it!! I was just wondering though, i have a treadmill and i'm a little worried that it may bother the people next to me. So far there have been no complaints that I'm aware of. Do you think it would be a good idea to introduce myself to my neighbor and ask them if it bothers them just to be sure? Or should I just wait and hope theres no complaints? Should I introduce myself anyway? (is this customary to do when you move into a new place)?
Thanks!
BerryBlis

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: moved into my new place-

It's a good idea to let them know who you are.

While you are chatting, let them know you have a treadmill and

Unless it's really noisy and you use it between 10PM and 5AM, they shouldn't be bothered by it.

o

Hello,

That sounds pretty good. Are those the general rules for noise in most places? I'm usually on it between 6:30 and 8 in the morning (depending on my schedule). It's not a super noisy treadmill, but it can get sorta loud when I run. Is 6:30 to early do you think or are most people understanding for this time?
Thanks!
BerryBlis

o

Well, if you were my neighbor, and you were right next to my bedroom wall, I wouldn't be too pleased. We get up at 8 to get to work at 9, and if you were waking us up an hour and a half early every morning, that would be really upsetting. I second the idea that you talk to your neighbors and see what their schedule is, and what compromises can be made.

o

If you were my neighbor it wouldn't bother me because I am up at 5am. Maybe they are also, but maybe they sleep until 7am, or maybe they don't even hear your treadmill.

Always introduce yourself to your neighbors. "Hi my name is X, how long have you lived here? Really? Then you might know, What is best Pizza/Chinese/cheapest place for milk/insert something in the neighborhood.

Odds are, once you are nice, they will be nice back.

o

I have a retro niagara roller massage chair. When you turn it on full blast your guts shake. The t.v, mirror, nic nacs, dog and whole floor shakes. It's good for a giggle to have someone sit in it and have them turn it on. It may wake the dead...lucky for me the grave yard is way down the road. I asked the neighbor but she said they never noticed it making noise. We only use it once in a while...just in case.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Apartment Living Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here